Friday, February 4, 2011

Thiwana?...are you well?

allo you the Obama people...ha the americas, yes sister how are you? can you help me $2 so that I can buy some sweets?

I really shouldnt but it is funny to hear. If only I could remember everything I hear every day when I walk lol.

week 1 down, very good 1st week indeed, much better then my 1st week at site back in 2009. It almost feels like I should be doing wayyy more but I have to keep reminding myself that it is only the first week.

Potential projectst that are already in place and that just need a little push from me, that is my job. giving people a little push, helping them accomplish there vision so that when I leave, they will not need me anymore.
So as I was saying...potential projects:
-Support groups...helping them coordinate the group, develop marketing strategies for there vegetable garden and soup kitchen. Assist in creating programs and activitiies that will give them other things to do besides drinking (for exemple)
-Health prevention education classes at schools
-Outreach into smaller villages
-Youth empoweremnt health clubs...

Definitely a lot to keep me busy with. A lot of work because of lack of funds and resources but it is possible. Baby steps, if that is what we can manage to do then that is what we will do.

So I have been helping them put down goals and give themselves deadlines to accomplish them.

lets see what the first month will bring... :) I am hopeful....all will be thiwana :) yes that has to one of the only words i know lol...

unitl next time
Stay well and warm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment